You live by your to-do lists, pride yourself on response times, and are always striving for the elusive “inbox: zero.” You see yourself as an organizer, cheerleader, and overall doer; you focus on #winning and are the person to whom others turn when things need to get done…yesterday.
You understand how strategic marketing objectives translate into paid, earned, owned, and shared media strategies, and can explain, for example, how a social media photo contest can contribute to a client’s bottom line.
The Account Executive will keep clients in-the-know and internal teams on their toes; he or she will translate marketing plans into timelines and tasks, keep a constant pulse on projects and manage the agency relationship with key clients. In addition, the Account Executive keeps an eye out for new business opportunities with existing clients and identifies opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship. Above all, the Account Executive is a proponent of process, a pillar of organization, and a complete team player. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
Reports to the Director of Account Services.
- Serves as the primary client contact on assigned accounts and is responsible for all ongoing communications including establishing weekly meetings or calls, creating agendas, setting kick-offs, and responding promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Coordinates and implements multiple projects and programs from kick-off to completion — and with minimum supervision.
- Proactively seeks feedback from clients to keep projects moving.
- Leads client meetings and conference calls and follows up with meeting notes and to-dos both internally and with client teams.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning process in conjunction with the Director of Account Services and translates marketing plans into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists.
- Partners with the Creative Director, Director of Digital Media, and the Director of PR to ensure strategies are integrated, deadlines are met, quality of work is up to standard, and that accounts are running profitably.
- Is the conduit of information between client and our internal subject matter experts, including designers and content producers, and organizes all project and creative briefs needed for new project kick-offs.
- Effectively presents and sells all agency work and proposals to clients and can speak eloquently about the strategic value of everything from a logo to a tweet.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments as well as trends and competition within the industry to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
- Maintains client revenue level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and quarterly projections.
- Serves as quality control on all deliverables to ensure they are on-strategy, on-message, up-to-par with client expectations, and always catered to the strategic marketing objective.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts and plays an integral role in new business, driving the Request for Proposal process, completing marketing proposals and plans, developing estimates for work flow, and participating in face-to-face new business/client pitches.
- Attends client and industry events to show support of client personal and professional interests.
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for digital trends, and an understanding of consumers and brands.
- Balances analytical thinking and approaches with creative thinking and long-term vision.
- Maintains a solutions-focused, proactive team work style.
- Consistently promotes a positive work environment and culture.
Desired Skills, Attributes, and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in mid-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account executive
- Bonus points for agency experience
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Ridiculously good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven ability to translate strategies into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists as well as manage their day-to-day implementation
- You LOVE process but also own the results – not just the tasks
- Unwavering commitment to success
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A personal development mindset with the aspiration of growing with the organization
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Passion for working with people (the good, bad, and the ugly)
- Creative sensibility; while you gravitate toward process you also consider yourself a creative person at the end of the day
Bottom line: You always find a way — and your personal philosophy is pretty darn close to Martin Luther King’s: “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
Compensation & Benefits:
At Element, your contribution matters. You’ll be surrounded by supportive colleagues who will help you grow and overcome challenges so that you can reach your full potential. And you’ll be working with a trustworthy leadership team who focuses on employee development and success with unlimited growth opportunities.
Plus, we also offer these great benefits:
- Company events and outings (anything from ziplining to live music!)
- Anniversary bonuses
- Flexible office hours
- Summer Fridays
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Education reimbursement
- Health and wellness support and rewards
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $25,000 life insurance policy
Salary will be tailored to the candidate based upon their experience and capabilities.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Katie Bramschreiber, Director of Account Services: email@example.com
Element is an equal opportunity employer.