The Account Supervisor ensures that client needs are met by monitoring and guiding the account team’s activities, and maintains an effective level of direct contact with clients. The Account Supervisor bears final responsibility for the account’s growth and profitability.
The Account Supervisor must be a capable account leader, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A deep understanding of today’s marketing and advertising landscape is mandatory. This person must understand how strategic marketing objectives translate into paid, earned, owned and shared media strategies, and can explain, for example, how a social media photo contest can contribute to a client’s bottom line as they will create the strategies to pitch to their client accounts. This person needs advanced verbal and written communications skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics.
In addition, the Account Supervisor keeps an eye out for new business opportunities with existing clients and identifies opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship. Above all, the Account Supervisor is a proponent of process, a pillar of organization and a complete team player. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
Reports to the Director of Account Services.
- Ensures that clients are receiving the highest level of service and value as well as strategic and creative thinking from the agency.
- Manages conflict or tenuous situations with poise.
- Creates the marketing strategies for their client accounts as well as reviews the strategies set by the Account Executives and recommends improvements where necessary.
- Expert at shaping and managing client expectations.
- Displays strategic confidence and sound logic in developing a POV.
- Actively leads in the strategic planning process in conjunction with the Director of Account Services and translates marketing plans as well as guide their account team.
- Oversees and leads internal and client teams across full-scale production, spanning broadcast, video, digital and print deliverables.
- Partners with Creative Director, Director of Digital Media and the PR Manager to ensure strategies are integrated.
- Effectively presents and sells all agency work and proposals to clients and can speak eloquently about the strategic value of everything from a logo to a tweet.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments as well as trends and competition within the industry to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
- Maintains client profitability level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and yearly and quarterly projections.
- Serves as quality control for the account team on deliverables when necessary to ensure they are on-strategy, on-message, up-to-par with client expectations and always catered to the strategic marketing objective.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts and may play an integral role in new business, completing marketing proposals and plans, developing estimates, and participating in face-to-face new business/client pitches.
- Attends client and industry events to show support of client personal and professional interests.
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for digital trends, and an understanding of consumers and brands.
- Balances analytical thinking and approaches with creative thinking and long-term vision.
- Leads by example and helps mentor the account team on their professional growth and development.
- Promotes seamless collaboration and partnership throughout the team.
- Consistently promotes a positive work environment and culture.
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- BA/BS in Communications, Marketing or Advertising
- 5-7 years experience in mid-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account executive
- Must have experience with leading the marketing strategy process for a company or client
- Agency experience is preferred
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Ridiculously good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- You LOVE process but also own the results – not just the tasks
- Unwavering commitment to success
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A personal development mindset with the aspiration of growing with the organization
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Passion for working with people (the good, the bad and the ugly)
- Creative sensibility; while you gravitate toward process you also consider yourself a creative person at the end of the day
- Company events and outings (anything from ziplining to live music!)
- Anniversary bonuses
- Flexible office hours
- Summer Fridays
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Education reimbursement
- Health and wellness support and rewards
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $25,000 life insurance policy
Salary will be tailored to the candidate based upon their experience and capabilities.
Ready to join the team? Submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the attention of Jen Hazaert, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Element is an equal opportunity employer.