You’re a self-starter. Someone who takes initiative, who sees what needs to be done and does it with enthusiasm. You’ve got a knack for numbers and you like to work with people. You know the difference between a credit and debit, and maybe know a little about QuickBooks.
Element is looking for a proactive candidate with an accounting background to join our team as Accounting Manager. That means you’d be responsible for full charge bookkeeping and ensure all accounting operations run smoothly. The best part is the opportunity to work in a fun, creative, and overall exhilarating environment while helping clients achieve their goals.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting
- Responsible for all internal accounting including A/R, A/P, Cash, and General Ledger
- Prepares all business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
- Reviews account to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, coordinates with outside accountants, and provides information as needed
- Presents recommendations to management on short and long-term financial objectives and policies
- Codes and pays invoices and processes expense reports
- Manages company credit cards and receipts
- Communicates with vendors regarding any discrepancies
- Maintains vendor files/W-9’s
- Completes month-end account reconciliations, including monthly bank statement
- Reviews vendor statements
- Enters, applies, and deposits checks and electronic payments in QuickBooks
- Generates monthly customer invoicing
- Runs aging report and follows up with customers regarding open invoices
- Works with our accounting firm to file taxes and prepare bi-weekly payroll and processes employee commissions (Note: Responsibilities do not include generating payroll or filing taxes.)
- Minimum of five years accounting or bookkeeping experience, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and financial reports
- Understanding of computerized accounting, knowledge of QuickBooks required
- Prior experience in Business Management (preferred, but not required)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task with ease and professionalism
- A proactive and positive work ethic
- An ability to keep client matters strictly confidential
Besides an awesome office, creative environment, and great team, here’s what we bring to the table:
- Creative and collaborative working environment
- Company events and outings (anything from ziplining to live music!)
- Anniversary bonuses
- Flexible scheduling
- Hybrid in-office and work from home options available
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) benefits with company matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Compensation is competitive and based on demonstrated skills and experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Element is an equal opportunity employer.