Element, an advertising and marketing agency in Northeast Wisconsin, is looking for an associate design leader who can champion the creation, management, and execution of comprehensive design solutions.
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for pairing knowledge with creative and content strategies in order to develop impactful brand experiences that deliver against key business goals and objectives, while driving innovation throughout the organization.
Reports to creative director.
- Develops innovative and effective creative solutions that are on-brand, emotionally-compelling, and drives response; creating for various media types.
- Helps establish and maintain the highest standards of creation throughout the agency.
- Attends creative input meetings to develop creative strategies and implements all creative requirements including, but not limited to, copy, layout, illustrations, final art, and photography.
- Helps to direct, guide, and develop creative solutions and monitors the quality of finished artwork and conceptual materials produced by internal and freelance artists.
- Proactively collaborates with the creative director, as well as copywriters, designers, and account services in order to achieve agency goals and objectives.
- Creates and presents creative rationales and creative concepts at client presentations.
- Proofs and approves finished art and conceptual materials; supervises edits as needed.
- In collaboration with the traffic manager, helps to select vendors for jobs and is involved in signing off on layouts, artwork, photography, in-house proofs, press-proofs, etc.
- Engages in any personal development necessary to stay current in advertising techniques and standards, and research activity required to become more familiar with clients’ businesses.
- Performs additional duties as deemed appropriate by the creative director.
What You’ll Bring to The Table:
- 7+ years’ experience working in advertising, campaign creation, branding, photography and video
- Proficient in industry-leading software and technologies. Special consideration given to those who are also knowledgeable in developing comprehensive user experiences, creating motion graphics, animations, and video
- Superior visual and conceptual skills; you’re able to socialize and present creative work to cross-functional groups and clients
- Demonstrated ability with integrated creative; you have the skill set to be able to translate complex business concepts into easy-to-understand experiences, utilizing a variety of media
- Proficient information-seeking skills and a drive for results; you’re able to synthesize insights from a diverse team to formulate holistic strategic recommendations
- A natural curiosity that drives you to learn, research, and investigate. You are well-versed in design trends and best practices, and are in tune with our ever-evolving marketplace
- Strong interpersonal, written, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth of design and strategic thinking