“Someone who rises to the occasion, excels at organization and ethics, and takes pride in being able to communicate with anyone they meet.” (Does this sound familiar?) You have a passion for employee relations and know how to help businesses maximize employee performance to gain a competitive advantage.
We’re looking for a proactive candidate with a human resources background to join our leadership team as Human Resources Manager. That means you’d be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and administration of all major human resources programs and functions at the company including employment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, training, placement, safety and health, benefits, and employee services. The best part is the opportunity to work in a fun, creative, and overall exhilarating environment while helping clients achieve their goals.
- Prepares, issues, and periodically updates the Employee Handbook and other policy manuals to ensure consistent application of human resources policies throughout the company. Assists management in the interpretation of policy.
- Directs employment and placement activities to ensure properly qualified candidates are recruited and hired.
- Develops programs, policies, procedures, and controls regarding employment. Analyzes manpower, turnover, and other personnel statistics.
- Administers employee benefit plans such as life, health, and disability insurances, retirement plan, education, and employee assistance, etc. Researches and recommends changes in benefits that are valuable to employees and cost-effective to the company.
- Directs the company’s wage and salary policies in order to attract and retain competent employees. Includes: the design of the job evaluation system, external equity, incentive compensation, and compliance with governmental wage and hour regulations.
- Develops and administers appropriate performance appraisal techniques and systems to assist directors, managers, and employees in the optimum utilization of their skills and abilities in meeting company objectives.
- Assists with the development of employee improvement programs and assists directors, managers with the termination process.
- Analyzes training needs and develops, coordinates, and/or conducts training programs to address those needs.
- Develops and conducts new employee orientation sessions to ensure smooth and successful transitions of new hires into the company.
- Investigates and takes appropriate action to resolve workplace conflicts and problems.
- Coordinates the administration of employee attendance, safety, health, security, and recreation programs.
- Conducts research into human resources programs and activities and recommends changes or innovations where desirable.
- Maintains legally required and other records on employees and human resources programs and activities. Processes required government reports (e.g., EEO-1, OSHA #300, First reports of injury, etc.).
- Represents the Company in worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance matters.
- Investigates and responds to EEOC, OSHA, wage/hour, and harassment charges. Involves employment attorney where appropriate.
- Advises the agency leadership team on planning and program development activities, assists with the development and implementation of goals and plans of action consistent with company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations or equivalent, an advance degree and/or human resource certification is preferred
- Minimum of five years of human resources generalist experience which includes work in employee relations, selection, compensation, performance appraisal, benefits, wage and hour compliance, and safety
- Requires the ability to practically apply knowledge policy development and its use as a guideline in the employment relationship, base compensation systems, job evaluation techniques, performance evaluation design and administration, major employment laws (such as Title VII, FLSA, OSHA, etc.) and legal selection techniques and employee benefits plans
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task with ease and professionalism
- A proactive and positive work ethic
Besides an awesome office, creative environment, and great team, here’s what we bring to the table:
- Creative and collaborative working environment
- Company events and outings (anything from ziplining to live music!)
- Anniversary bonuses
- Flexible scheduling
- Hybrid in-office and work from home options available
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) benefits with company matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Compensation is competitive and based on demonstrated skills and experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Element is an equal opportunity employer.