Element, a full-service advertising, web development, digital marketing, and public relations agency in De Pere and Neenah WI, is looking for a knock-our-socks-off PR pro. If you’re a communications professional who loves connecting with people and promoting big ideas while working in a fast-paced environment – keep reading.
The public relations account account strategist is responsible for the overall strategy and tactical execution for assigned clients. You’ll be expected to become fully familiar with products, markets, and media in which assigned clients operate in order to efficiently, effectively deal with clients’ public relations needs.
Reports to the director of public relations.
- Prepare public relations plans and strategies based on client goals and objectives.
- Research and maintain client media contact lists. Perform ongoing media relations activities to maximize earned media opportunities for clients.
- Coordinate media interviews for assigned clients and provide media training as necessary.
- Write a wide-range of PR copy including press releases, media alerts, story pitches, and client talking points.
- Read industry news and trends for assigned clients and use this information to create new PR opportunities.
- Prepare projects briefs and work with agency content writers to produce PR articles and with the creative department to product art and photography to support the story.
- Work with the social media team to maximize PR opportunities for assigned clients. Prepare client meeting agendas, project status reports, and quarterly analysis reports.
- Regularly brief the account team on the status of PR project activities.
- Plan special events such as grand openings, anniversary celebrations, and product launches.
- Represent the agency at industry functions and promotes the agency at every opportunity.
- More than 5 years of experience in public relations or strategic communications
- Client relations experience is required.
- Media relations experience is required
- Experience with CisionPoint is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of public relations practices, tactics, and strategies.
- Be highly organized and capable of working in a deadline-driven environment.
Personality Trait Must-Haves:
- A Strategic Drive – The ability to look at the big picture and prepare a comprehensive plan to help the client achieve their business goals.
- An Investigative Spirit – A nose for consumer trends and newsworthy stories.
- Persuasive Prowess – The ability to sell an idea to a wider audience.
- A Relationships Builder – The ability to cultivate new connections and form meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Tenacity – The can-do attitude to achieve success, no matter what obstacles are in your way.
Qualified candidates will have a passion for and experience in public relations or external communications. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter to email@example.com.