Element, a digital-first, integrated marketing agency located in Neenah and De Pere, WI, is looking for a knock-our-socks off PR pro. If you’re a communications professional who loves connecting with people and promoting big ideas while working in a fast-paced environment – keep reading!
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for leading client PR strategies, specifically focusing on applying digital PR tactics that connect to fully integrated marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate should have a passion for staying connected with cultural, economic, and political trends that impact strategy decisions.
This person should also be a media relations junkie. They need to have a 360-degree understanding of how media works in both digital and traditional channels. They also must demonstrate excellence in securing earned and paid media activities, measuring the impact of those activities, and reporting on insights learned for future strategy development.
- Serves as public relations subject matter expert in agency meetings to assess client’s PR needs.
- Collaborates with agency team members to develop integrated marketing strategies.
- Develops and directs all public relations campaigns, programs and publicity activities for the agency’s clients.
- Forges relationships with reporters and journalists to secure placements in print, broadcast and online media to positively position client’s brand and elevate their subject matter experts.
- Identifies creative ways to tell the client’s story connecting with target audiences.
- Directs and develops content to support PR initiatives including press kits, spokesperson talking points, press releases, news stories, supporting social media posts and more.
- Manages client’s PR budgets, outside expenses and deliverables.
- Promotes and attends special events/functions that support client’s businesses.
- Interfaces with agency SEO specialist to optimize PR content.
- Provides timely PR updates to account teams on important client updates.
- Works with agency data and insights team to develop meaningful quarterly reports outlining public relations results for clients.
- Supervises the public relations team to ensure client goals are being met.
- Meets with senior management to provide department updates as necessary.
- Supports agency growth initiatives including new business and upselling strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in the field of PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism
- Experience developing B2B and B2C PR programs with a focus on securing earned media coverage for corporate and product initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and lead account teams across a wide range of industries
- Knowledge of Cision and Muck Rack software preferred
- Excellent writing skills and understanding of the AP Stylebook
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Personality Trait Must Haves:
- A Strategic Drive – The ability to look at the big picture and prepare a comprehensive plan helps the client achieve their business goals.
- An Investigative Spirit – A nose for consumer trends and newsworthy stories.
- Persuasive Prowess – The ability to sell an idea to a wider audience.
- A Relationships Builder – The ability to cultivate new connections and form meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Tenacity – The can-do attitude to achieve success, no matter what obstacles are in your way.
Compensation & Benefits:
At Element, your contribution matters. You’ll be surrounded by supportive colleagues who will help you grow and overcome challenges so that you can reach your full potential. And you’ll be working with a trustworthy leadership team who focuses on employee development and success with unlimited growth opportunities.
Plus, we also offer these great benefits:
- Company events and outings (anything from ziplining to live music!)
- Anniversary bonuses
- Flexible office hours
- Summer Fridays
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Education reimbursement
- Health and wellness support and rewards
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $25,000 life insurance policy
Salary will be tailored to the candidate based upon their experience and capabilities. Candidate must be able to work out of both our Neenah and De Pere locations.
Ready to join the team? Email your resume to email@example.com
Element is an equal opportunity employer.