You’re a born juggler and puzzler. You live for keeping track of details, solving knotty problems, and organizing chaos. Missing deadlines is just not in your DNA.
You’re as good with people as you are with spreadsheets. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into new challenges everyday, creating world class processes to scale the company’s operations for growth.
You geek out on flashy new tools and big picture business ideas, but your true calling is weighing pros and cons, prioritizing objectives, and advocating for tough decisions that serve the greater good of our agency and clients. You want to be part of something bigger.
The Traffic Manager effectively and efficiently manages the flow of projects throughout the agency from opening jobs and assigning schedules to coordinating movement throughout all departments, tracking the status and tying up loose ends upon completion. The Traffic Manager must be able to see the big picture, across projects, and make quick decisions when schedules are compressed or delayed. The Traffic Manager is the linchpin of the agency and ultimately the creator of seriously happy clients and a seriously happy team.
Reports to Director of Operations.
- Opens and schedules all agency jobs.
- Prioritizes projects according to deadlines to ensure work flows through the agency at a reasonable pace.
- Consults with appropriate department leaders when necessary to assign projects according to workload/schedule/skill set.
- Reviews daily work schedule with agency departments and delegates responsibilities to complete jobs in the most efficient manner.
- Expedites rush jobs with ease by notifying necessary team members and reconfiguring schedules.
- Communicates regularly with account services regarding the status of all jobs in progress in creative/production.
- Notifies account executives if additional materials or information is necessary to complete scheduled projects.
- Reports any problems affecting job quality, budgets and/or due dates to account services.
- Identifies and corrects bottlenecks and possible workflow delays to keep the agency operating efficiently.
- Works with Director of Operations to identify and maintain a steady bench of freelance help for ongoing assistance.
- Obtains quotes from suppliers, freelancers, or other vendors as necessary.
- Works with vendors to ensure projects are delivered accurately and invoiced on time and within the estimated budget.
- Manages the organization of the electronic file structure for client creative and production work.
- Proofreads all artwork/digital proofs or manages the proofing process with appropriate personnel to maintain high quality standards.
- Archives jobs properly.
- Works to continually improve and optimize agency workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Communications, Business Management, or related field.
- 2-4 years of traffic management or project management experience.
- Bonus points for agency experience.
- Experience with workflow/project management software desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extremely organized with excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Must exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude and poise; be articulate and confident.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of all phases of creative, interactive, and digital projects.
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) benefits with company matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Compensation is competitive and based on demonstrated skills and experience
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Nikki Peroutka, Director of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Element is an equal opportunity employer.