Elegant code. Troubleshooting. You know the ins and outs of CMS systems and create OMG-worthy user experiences from front-end to back-end. You can write HTML in your sleep and you own CSS. You spend your mornings on GitHub. You may or may not have a hidden tattoo of the WP logo…
You want to work in an environment where creativity is the name of the game, and you can carve out a place for yourself in the workflow. Be a part of a fun team with no corporate BS limiting your potential. You have an eye for detail and organizational skills, and passion for your work is a given.
Sound like you? You have our attention.
Our ideal candidate has all of the above and is comfortable with jQuery, prefers WordPress for content management, has excellent communication skills, and is experienced working in all relevant applications. We want someone with superior visual and conceptual skills and who’s able to develop great websites and web applications for clients in all kinds of industries.
Not too much to ask, right?
- Help establish and maintain the highest possible standards of interactive materials produced by the agency
- Adhere to best practices in programming and testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
- Take direction, go beyond what is asked, and continuously challenge yourself
- Understand the importance of design in creating on-brand, emotionally compelling user experiences and strive to deliver websites with high-quality design and interactivity
- Meet established deadlines or provide reasonable notice to the production department of special circumstances requiring deadline extension
- Periodically review web development trends and recommend improvements to tools and processes
- Love what you do! Have a strong sense of ownership and confidence in your work
- 5+ years’ experience in WordPress and/or front-end web development
- Highly proficient in converting custom PSD design comps into responsive websites via hand-coded HTML5/CSS/JS/jQuery
- Experienced with WordPress, including implementing complete custom themes from a boilerplate or blank canvas theme
- Passion for doing work of the highest quality
- Experience working with Version Control – git experience a plus
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creative ad agency environment
- Comfortable setting up and maintaining your own Apache/PHP/MySql development environment including customizations to httpd.conf, php.ini and .htaccess
- Understanding of proper code documentation practices and tools
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, test and debug other people’s code
- A solid foundation of design fundamentals including typography, color, and layout
- Experience with SASS a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite
Besides an awesome office, creative environment, and great team, here’s what we bring to the table:
- Opportunity—work on accounts that are leaders in their industries
- Room to grow—get compensated for professional development
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) benefits (with company matching)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
Other Stuff to Know
Compensation is based on demonstrated skills and experience. We do not offer employment visa sponsorship for this position. If offered employment, you will be required to prove that you have current valid employment authorization and that you will not require visa sponsorship in the future.
Have What it Takes?
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Katie Lloyd, Business Manager: email@example.com.
Element is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is available to work from either our De Pere, WI or Neenah, WI office.