Can you develop responsive sites with a dynamic CMS? Do you create great user experiences from front-end to back-end? Excited about working with a creative team and learning new technologies? If so, keep reading!
The ideal Web Developer candidate has expert knowledge of web layout via HTML+CSS, is comfortable with JQuery, prefers WordPress for content management, has polished troubleshooting skills, great communication skills, and experience working in all relevant applications. You must possess superior visual conceptual skills and the ability to develop effective websites and web applications for a variety of clients. Not too much to ask, right?
- Help establish and maintain the highest possible standards of interactive materials produced by the agency.
- Adhere to best practices in programming and testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
- Take direction, go beyond what is asked, and constantly challenge yourself
- Understand the importance of design in creating on-brand, emotionally compelling user experiences and strive to deliver websites with high quality design and interactivity.
- Meet established deadlines or provide reasonable notice to the production department of special circumstances requiring deadline extension.
- Periodically review web development trends and recommend improvements to tools and processes.
- Please love what you do, as this position will require a strong sense of ownership. Confidence in your work is a must, we are looking for someone that can really bring their skill set to the table and define a place for themselves in our workflow. Organizational skills and an eye for detail are givens.
Desired Skills, Attributes, and Experience:
- 2+ years experience in WordPress and/or Front-End web development
- Highly proficient in converting custom website designs into responsive websites via hand-coded HTML5/CSS/JS/JQuery.
- Proficient with PHP and MySQL
- Experienced with WordPress, including implementing complete custom themes from a boilerplate or blank canvas theme.
- Have a passion for doing work of the highest quality.
- Experience working with Version Control – git experience a plus.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creative ad agency environment.
- Comfortable setting up and maintaining your own Apache/PHP/MySql development environment including customizations to httpd.conf, php.ini and .htaccess
- Understanding of good code documentation practices and tools
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, test and debug other people’s code
- Solid foundation of design fundamentals including: typography, color, and layout
- Experience with SASS a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Company events and outings (anything from ziplining to live music!)
- Anniversary bonuses
- Flexible office hours
- Summer Fridays
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Education reimbursement
- Health and wellness support and rewards
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $25,000 life insurance policy
Salary will be tailored to the candidate based upon their experience and capabilities.
Element does not offer employment visa sponsorship for this position. If offered employment, you will be required to prove that you have current valid employment authorization and that you will not require visa sponsorship in the future.
This position is available to work from either our De Pere, WI or Neenah, WI office. Remote work for this position is not available at this time.
Ready to join the team? Submit your resume to the attention of Jen Hazaert, Human Resources Director.
Element is an equal opportunity employer.