We recently welcomed account executive, Jamie Mitchell, to the growing Element team. As a former Texan, Jamie brings a thirst for adventure, diverse marketing experience, and a lot of warm clothes. We caught up with Jamie to get the scoop on her never-ending vacation, backpacking blunders, and her key to keeping the edge.
Continue reading Say Howdy to Element’s New Account Executive
Do you love to craft a sentence the way a bartender crafts a fine cocktail? Do you analyze your word choices the way an accountant audits a bank statement? Have your mad blogging skills earned you the nickname, the next Arianna Huffington? Are you the popular person who’s constantly connecting with people online?
If this is you, then please keep reading.
The role of the content marketing specialist will be to research, write, and develop engaging and relevant content across multiple communication channels and social platforms. They will assist in the development and execution of an overall content strategy while producing high-quality short, medium and long-form copy that incorporates best practices for digital use.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility:
- Research, write and edit copy for a variety of content including, but not limited to: blogs, press releases, social media, websites and email.
- Develop a distinct and unique tone of voice for each client and brand.
- Determine the most impactful way to re-purpose content for a variety of channels.
- Analyze campaign results using social media monitoring tools and make recommendations to maximize the effectiveness of the campaigns.
- Work with the creative team to develop visual assets.
- Collaborate with SEO/SEM Analyst to ensure content meets established SEO guidelines, implementing keyword research and optimization recommendations into content pieces.
- Perform ongoing research on industry trends to maintain fresh and relevant perspective in all communications.
- Interact with various agency teams to ensure successful client outcomes.
- Be responsible for editing all copy and overseeing the proofing process for the content marketing team.
- 3-5 years of experience as a writer, public relations professional, marketing communications specialist, journalist or editor.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or marketing.
- A passion for writing and a journalistic approach to story ideation and creation.
- Have a general understanding of marketing fundamentals and strategies.
- Understand the fundamentals of conducting research and interviews.
- Have a thirst for knowledge and be comfortable working with unfamiliar industries and audiences.
- Proficient knowledge of content marketing practices, tactics and strategies.
- Extensive experience with copywriting and editing for marketing campaigns.
- A strong understanding and experience using WordPress.
- Experience using Photoshop to modify, resize and create web friendly images.
- A working knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Understanding of SEO and keyword optimization.
- Be a very strong editor and proofreader with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to multi-task and solve problems.
- Be capable of working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Be highly organized.
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter and three recent project samples to [email protected].
Do you want to be part of a creative team that loves innovative design, cutting-edge concepts and integrated marketing strategies? We have the position for you. We’re looking for someone who appreciates large Moose heads, laughs at our punny jokes, enjoys cold Wisconsin beer, and can cook a frozen pizza after a heated ping pong match. If you want to join a fun group of people that celebrates odd holidays, then we want you to be our new Art Director.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Become an expert in our clients’ brands, products, and audiences.
- Compose visually stunning, cutting-edge concepts for cross-channel, integrated campaigns.
- Develop creative that is on-brand, emotionally compelling, and drives response.
- Articulate and support rationale for creative decisions based on the goals of the project, the established creative strategy, the brand, and an understanding of the target audience.
- Take direction, go beyond what is asked, and constantly challenge yourself.
- 5+ years agency experience
- Ability to extend traditional campaigns into other channels, including social, mobile, and display
- Experience being part of a collaborative creative environment
- The ability to present and support creative concepts in a professional and engaging manner
- A commitment to constantly improving one’s skills and staying current on developments and trends in the industry, and sharing this knowledge with others
- Professional-level design software proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- An understanding of the capabilities of HTML, HTML5, CSS, and the capabilities of web and email browsers
The Art Director will be able to develop the creative strategy and take a campaign from start to finish, accurately communicating to a defined target audience. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your resume and recent work samples or links to recent work samples to [email protected].