Do you enjoy developing cutting-edge web and mobile applications? Can you make software that looks and feels well-designed as comfortably as you can parse XML content, pipe it through iconv and process it into a filtered, sorted tree of objects? Do people refer to you as a code ninja?
The ideal candidate for this position would have a minimum of 6 years programming experience with 4+ years of in-depth experience developing websites, web applications, and/or mobile applications. We’re looking for a go-getter who takes initiative and gets things done. Someone we can count on and who has a positive attitude and outlook. A developer who LOVES to code and really knows their ‘stuff’, but is happy to roll up their sleeves and do jobs that aren’t always interesting, when that needs to happen. You’ll be responsible for communicating technical solutions in non-technical language, architecting and implementing technical solutions to complex problems, and collaborating directly with Creatives and Account Executives on projects with minimal supervision.
- Help establish and maintain the highest possible standards of interactive materials produced by the agency.
- Demonstrate an insatiable interest in the latest web and mobile software development trends, tempered by a pragmatic appreciation for the more established, stable, popular platforms.
- Recommend solutions for clients’ web and interactive problems or objectives. Choose the best methods of development, considering code efficiency and resource efficiency for each project.
- Consult with the Creative Director, Senior Art Director, copywriter, production, and account service personnel as necessary to achieve agency objectives.
- Take direction, go beyond what is asked, and constantly challenge yourself
- Love what you do, as this position will require a strong sense of ownership. Confidence in your work is a must, organizational skills and eye for detail are givens.
- Operate as official lead developer for a small set of clients, juggling between projects and support requests of varying priorities.
- Collaborate and help mentor other team members
- General web development from full-site-builds to smaller assets with a balanced focus between back-end work and front-end
- Help with scoping and estimating
- Assist in the development of internal tools or other super cool stuff
- Actively promote and grow our web technologies department by seeking out new work and new civilizations, boldly going where no Web Developer has gone before…
Desired Skills, Attributes, and Experience:
- 6+ years programming experience, 4+ years developing websites, web applications, and/or mobile applications
- Highly proficient in WordPress and other Content Management Systems and have experience adding custom programming to existing open source tools.
- Knowledge of MVC and MVVM design patterns
- Have a passion for doing work of the highest quality.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creative marketing agency environment.
- Outstanding ability to quickly learn, understand, test and debug other people’s code
- Experience building smartphone applications for Apple and Android devices; Experience with Ionic, Flutter, or React Native is a plus
- Experience building or consuming RESTful web services
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to balance multiple projects, maintaining multiple overlapping timelines, keeping stakeholders up-to-date.
- Solid foundation of design fundamentals including: typography, color, and layout
- Experience working under one or more PHP frameworks. Understanding of object inheritance and extending PHP classes.
- In love with command line and regex mayhem
- Comfortable with git
- Highly productive, rarely bored and never waiting around for things to happen
Compensation & Benefits:
At Element, your contribution matters. You’ll be surrounded by supportive colleagues who will help you grow and overcome challenges so that you can reach your full potential. And you’ll be working with a trustworthy leadership team who focuses on employee development and success with unlimited growth opportunities.
Plus, we also offer these great benefits:
- Company events and outings (anything from ziplining to live music!)
- Anniversary bonuses
- Flexible office hours
- Summer Fridays
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Opportunity—work on accounts that are leaders in their industries
- Room to grow—get compensated for professional development
- Competitive pay
- Education reimbursement
- Health and wellness support and rewards
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $25,000 life insurance policy
Salary will be tailored to the candidate based upon their experience and capabilities.
Element does not offer employment visa sponsorship for this position. If offered employment, you will be required to prove that you have current valid employment authorization and that you will not require visa sponsorship in the future.
This position is available to work from our De Pere, WI office. Fully remote work for this position is not available at this time.
Ready to join the team? Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Element is an equal opportunity employer.